Monday, June 6, 2011

Where Are They Now

Here is the second installment of "Where Are They Now?" where NCC Wrestling catches up with some of the past Craig E. Fischer Award recipients.
 

Walter Roell

1) What are you up to these days?

Most importantly, I'm a very proud Father of my 10 week-old daughter, Vivian Roell.  She's shaping up to be as strong as her mother, and that's all I could ever hope for.

As for work, I'm in my 15th year at UPS and am currently working as a Marketing Manager responsible for the states here in the Midwest.

 

2) What is your favorite memory from your North Central Wrestling Days? 

Coach Miller driving us back from the Monmouth Tourney blasting the song "Rump-Shaker" over the speakers in the van. There's more to be told about this story, so show up at the Craig E. Fischer Golf Outing and I'll tell you all about it.

 

3) What is one thing that North Central College/Wrestling did for you that has helped you in your career?

I'd have to say the people/wrestlers associated with the program have made the biggest, most lasting impression on me.  In my opinion, it's the genuine quality of these people that make this program so great.  A big part of any success I've had in life is due to having been a part of it

 

Adam Johnson

1) What are you up to these days?

I'm a 5th grade teacher at Gwendolyn Brooks Elementary in District 204.

 

2) What is your favorite memory from your North Central Wrestling Days?

 VEGAS BABY!!!! I could write a book, but you know what they say, "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

 

3) What is one thing that North Central College/Wrestling did for you that has helped you in your career?

 Taught me how to overcome adversity, and that anything worth doing is worth doing well.

 

 

Ricky Flores

1) What are you up to these days? 

I live in Ozark, MO with my wife Christa, 20 month old Zeqe and 5 week old Natalia. I am part owner of a financial advisory firm called StrongPath Financial based in Springfield, MO.

2) What is your favorite memory from your North Central Wrestling Days? 

Many fond memories of our annual trip to Florida which included euchre tournaments, trips to the swap meet, clubbing and of course wrestling!   

3) What is one thing that North Central College/Wrestling did for your that has helped you in your career?

 The thing I took away from my NCC wrestling days from Coach Miller was to work hard, but have fun and don't take yourself so seriously.

 

Andrew Zobac

        1)       What are you up to these days?

I am currently still attending classes and wrestling at NCC.

2)       What is your favorite memory from your North Central Wrestling days?

My favorite memory is completing  motivational 24 (a 24 hour pre-season workout we did my freshman year) and feeling a new level of accomplishment. I knew I had just completed something that most people couldn't even imagine.

3)       What is one thing that North Central College/Wrestling did for you that has helped you in your career?

NCC wrestling has helped me in getting an internship in my field of exercise science.

No comments:

Post a Comment