Monday, June 20, 2011

Where Are They Now?!?

COWAN BROWN

1) What are you up to these days?

    I'm currently working at St. James hospital in Chicago Heights, IL as a rehab technician.  I'm applying for Physical Therapy schools, aspiring to practice as a physical therapist. 


2) What is your favorite memory from your North Central Wrestling days?

    I have several favorite memories; however one stands out the most.  After we competed at Regionals my Senior year of college, my fate on competing at the National Tournament lied in the hands of several coaches.  I was in a restaurant eating with a majority of the guys on the team when I received a text from Coach Karl stating "you're the man, you are going to Nationals."  After I was congratulated by my teammates and family members, I started to reflect back to freshman year until that particular moment and realized that North Central Wrestling positively changed my life forever.  My coaches, teammates, family, friends, alumni, fans, etc. all had a impact on my life and those memories that we all made together will last forever.
(Not mentioned: The great Vegas Taxi incident of 2009)


3) What is one thing that North Central College/Wrestling did for you that has helped you in your career?

    North Central College Wrestling transformed my focus and priorities, not only on the mat, but also in life.  The coaching staff did a great job on making believe in myself, because they believed in me (even though we did the most ridiculous workouts that I still have nightmares from).  I wouldn't trade my experience of being apart of the North Central Wrestling team for the world.  I would never be in the position that I am now with my life if I had never bought into the system.  Thanks to my coaches, I still live by your philosophy!


Joe Norton
North Central College
Graduate Assistant Wrestling Coach
Off: 630.637.5139
Cell: 630.310.9595
jnorton@noctrl.edu

1 comment:

  1. I love you Cowan. You are the man and always will be.

    ReplyDelete